Top 5 Places To Visit In Bhimashankar
Bhushan Dhule here…
I’m searching for to post on travelling that time I thought about this beautiful and one of the 12 places of jyotirlinga of lord shiva.
The Most attractive place in Maharashtra.
Here, in my post I had mention and inform all about beauties in Bhimashankar.
Do read and tell me how it is.
Bhimashankar, located about 100 km from Pune and 223 km from Mumbai, may be a popular temple town.
Bhimashankar is found within the village Bhorgiri within the ghat region of the Sahyadri range.
Situated at an height of around 3,250 feet, Bhimashankar is surrounded by hills and is roofed by thick green rainforests.
It is considered to be one among the holiest places in India due to the jyotirlinga.
Bhimashankar is additionally a well-liked destination for trekkers.
Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary is another important reason why people come here
Top 5 places to visit in Bhimashankar :
1. Bhimashankar Temple :
• Bhimashankar Jyotirlinga is an ancient shrine situated within the Sahyadri hills in Maharashtra. it’s one among the 12 jyotirlingas, the holiest of holy shrines of Lord Shiva.
• It’s located in Bhorgiri village, near pune.
• As bhimashankar is 3500 feet above water level , it observes low temperatures also as heavy showers within the monsoon season.
2. Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary :
• The Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary is within the Western Ghats which is recognised together of the 12 biodiversity hotspots of the planet .
• It’s home to an outsized diversity of endemic and specialised flora and fauna.
• It’s also a crucial catchment basin which feeds the rivers, Bhima and Ghod that flow downstream.
• The Forest Interpretation Centre here is provided with a library.
• Moreover this is often where you’ll find the Shekru, the enormous flying phalanger which is additionally the state animal of Maharashtra.
• Bhimashankar is additionally the right place for a forest safari.
3. Hanuman Lake :
• The Hanuman Lake may be a scenic tourist spot in Bhimashankar that creates for a perfect picnic spot to spend a stunning evening together with your family.
• One among the favored tourist attractions in Bhimashankar, the Hanuman Lake is home to many different species of birds and squirrels that frequent the lake.
• There also lies a prominent waterfall nearby that continues to please its visitors.
4. Bhimashankar Trek :
• Bhimashankar trek is understood to be one among the simplest treks in Sahyadri ranges and that we are going to be ascending via Shidi ghat (Ladder route) & descending via Ganesh ghat to form it more interesting.
• The forest of Bhimashankar is paradise for nature lovers because it hosts several exotic specie of wildlife.
5. Ahupe Waterfalls :
• Ahupe Waterfalls is situated in Bhimashankar in Maharashtra.
• It’s a wildlife reserve within the vicinity and a gorgeous view of the Dimbhe Dam backwaters.
• The waterfalls may be a popular tourist destination especially among young couples.
How To Reach Bhimashankar? :
• The closest railroad station is that the Karjat station which is found at a distance of around 168 Km.
• The station is connected to several cities via direct and indirect trains. So, it takes two hours to succeed in Bhimashankar from the station.
• you’ll easily hire a bus or rickshaws, also referred to as tumtums.
Best time to go to Bhimashankar :
• The perfect time to go to Bhimashankar is from October to March.
• After the monsoon recedes, leaving a carpet of greenery and a really pleasant weather.It is the right season to explore the wildlife sanctuary and choose trekking too.
Also Check : Top 10 Places To Visit In Mahabaleshwar