Top 12 places to visit in Matheran| Maharashtra
Bhushan Dhule here…
I’m searching for to post on travelling that time I thought about this beautiful place MATHERAN Hill Station.
The Most Wonderful place.
Here, in my post I had mention and inform all about “Top 12 places to visit in Matheran| Maharashtra” .
Do read and tell me how it is.
Matheran is a hill station, near Mumbai, within the West Indian state of Maharashtra. It’s known for its mild climate and well-preserved colonial architecture.
Top 12 places to visit in Matheran :
1. Neral – Matheran Toy Train :
• The century-old Matheran Hill Railway deposits passengers among the shady greenery of the peaceful, pollution free hill settlement of Matheran.
• The toy train is one of five historic mountain railways currently operating in India.
• The toy train crawls its way, during a zigzag manner.
• The train stops at three stations before reaching Matheran (Jummapatti, Waterpipe and Aman Lodge). It also passes through one short tunnel, interestingly named “One Kiss Tunnel“.
2. Louisa Point :
• Louisa Point is almost 1.5 km away from the marketplace and may take around 20 minutes to achieve here on foot.
• This is often often a singular point in Matheran because it offers the view of sky touching the mountains and a civilisation located far during a valley. If you visit during monsoon, you’ll even be captivated by waterfalls.
• This place is known as a photographer’s paradise in Matheran because it offers panoramic views of mountains, peaks, valleys, lake and waterfalls.
3. Echo point :
•One among the foremost magnificent peaks to travel to in Matheran is Echo Point. Covered with lush green carpet and light-weight weighted clouds.
•It’s the proper viewpoint to seem at the mesmerising peaks of the western ghats, and also get delighted with the reverberations and echoes.
• Echo point could also be a delight for food lovers because it offers an honest range of food stalls.
4. Charlotte lake :
• At a distance of two km from Matheran railway station , Charlotte Lake, also mentioned as Sharlott Lake is one of the favored Matheran tourist places situated near Echo Point.
•This 50 feet deep lake was built in 1956. Water from this lake gets filtered and is supplied to the entire town of Matheran.
•An ancient Pisarnath Mahadev Temple is found on the Left Bank of the lake. the two beautiful viewpoints, Louisa point and Echo point are located on the brink of this lake.
• Bird watching is additionally a popular activity at the lake, especially during early morning and evening.
5. One tree hill :
• One Tree Hill Point is almost 4 km away from the marketplace, taking around an hour to steer up to this place.
• now is understood together Tree Hill Point because one tree stands right the very best of the peak , and there is no other vegetation around except some grass.
• Other tourist group told us that this is often often the southernmost tip of Matheran.
• The view from this peak is essentially spectacular as you will see Karjat, Mumbai-Pune highway, Panvel city, Chowk village and a few of other vantage points of Matheran.
6. Porcupine point (Sunset Point) :
• Barely 2 kilometers away from the railway station of Matheran, Porcupine Point, commonly mentioned because the sunset point because the view of the sunset and sunrise from here is hard to hunt out anywhere else in Matheran.
• The place owes its name to the shape of the place, which bears a strong resemblance to the shape of a bird called Porcupine.
• In conjunction with the captivating view of the sun playing hide and seek with the mountains within the cloud racing sky.
7. Monkey point :
• The Monkey Point of Matheran is found within the state of Maharashtra.
• This unique destination overlooks a stunning scenery of the Western Ghats and its intimidating mountains and deep gorges.
• because the name suggests, this place is typically frequented by gangs of monkeys.
• This destination also has abundant quantities of indigenous flora and fauna and makes up for an interesting because of study the local weather and vegetation.
8. Alexander point :
• Alexander Point is almost 1.5 km from the marketplace (a 20-minute walk), and is simple to achieve in terms of distance, navigation and slope.
• it’s a really pleasant walk from one’s hotel to this point as you rehearse woods, on a very narrow path over red soil, interacting with green trees.
• During the peak season, there’s zip-lining option available from here to Rambaug Point, costing INR 350-500 per head.
9. Panorama point :
• Panorama Point, Matheran could also be some extent offering a 360-degree view of the mountain ranges and hence it’s got its name because of this reason.
• The memorable journey you undergo the jungles listening of the chirping of the birds, cool wind blowing and thus the tip-top sounds of the horse while taking the prospect to look at the changing landscapes.
• there’s also the Sunset Point which can be seen from there.
10. Khandala point :
• Khandala Point is found accurate across the Matheran market region.
• Only point it become lacking become the right Waterfall.
• Lavish greenery at some point of the valley, with monkey’s and their own families this factor capabilities a various feel.
• This location is blanketed in eye blinding fog inside the nighttime with randomn clarity of the environment .
11. Matheran market :
• Matheran Market is crammed with all kinds of little shops selling souvenirs, silver jewellery, junk, arts and crafts and traditional handicrafts from different states of the country.
• The market is an open one, with two main alleys. it’s alittle market and is crammed with eateries.
• you’ll also spot ponies and horses here from time to time, wearing bright-coloured accessories.
• the foremost popular items for shopping here are snacks, shoes and bags.
12. Dhodani Waterfalls :
• Dhodani Waterfalls is one of the foremost picturesque waterfalls situated in Matheran. a popular picnic spot among both the locals and thus the tourists.
• The waterfalls also has the selection for several water sports, the foremost popular of which is waterfall rappelling.
Top 12 places to visit in Matheran| Maharashtra
Also Check : Top 10 Forts To Visit In Maharashtra
- Adventure Tourism
- Heritage Tourism
- Hill Stations
- Wildlife Tourism