Top 10 Places To Visit in Mahabaleshwar
Bhushan Dhule here…
I’m searching for to post on travelling that time I thought about this beautiful place MAHABALESHWAR.
The Most attractive place in Maharashtra.
Here, in my post I had mention and inform about “Top 10 Places To Visit in Mahabaleshwar”
Do read and tell me how it is
Mahabaleshwar is a hill station in India’s forested Western Ghats range, south of Mumbai. It features several elevated viewing points.
Mahabaleshwar is that the largest hill station within the Sahyadri range of Maharashtra state.
Top 10 Places To Visit in Mahabaleshwar :
□ Mahabaleshwar Temple :
• Mahabaleshwar Temple is an ancient Hindu temple situated within the Old Mahabaleshwar in Satara district of Maharashtra. it’s one among the favored Mahabaleshwar tourist places.
• Mahabaleshwar Temple is devoted to Lord Shiva and is one among the important pilgrimage sites for Hindus.
• The most and central attraction of this temple is that the 6 feet long Shiva lingam of which only the tip is visible, depicting the stone incarnation of Lord Shiva.
• The Mahabaleshwar hills are named after Lord Mahabali, whose name stands a logo of strength.
• The Mahabaleshwar Temple features a very serene and spiritual environment.
□ Elephant’s Head Point :
• At a distance of seven km from Mahabaleshwar Bus Stand, Elephant’s Head Point are the foremost picturesque viewpoints of Mahabaleshwar in Satara district of Maharashtra.
• The overhanging cliffs of now are almost like the top of an elephant and its trunk. Thus the purpose got its name because the Elephant’s Head Point.
• From now , tourist also can get a view of the Sahyadri range .
□ Venna Lake :
• Venna lake is one among the foremost popular tourist attractions in Mahabaleshwar. Venna lake is artificial lake and not a natural lake.
• Venna lake was constructed in 1942 by Chhatrapati Shri Appasaheb Maharaj (descendant of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj).
• Surrounded by lush greenary, the lake has 1-2 submerged Thirths (place of pilgrimage).
• it’s very fashionable spot among honeymooners also as families. Row and Peddle boats are available for the tourists.
□ Panchgani :
• Panchgani is a hill station southeast of Mumbai in India’s Maharashtra state.
• It’s known for the Table Land, an enormous volcanic plateau.
• Lookouts like Sydney Point and Parsi Point offer views of Dhom Dam lake and Kamalgad Fort, used as a jail by British within the early 19th century.
• To the southeast, the Rajpuri Caves are surrounded by sacred ponds and contain a temple dedicated to the Hindu god Lord Kartikeya.
□ Chinaman’s Falls :
• At a distance of two .5 km from Mahabaleshwar Bus Stand, the captivating Chinaman’s Waterfall lies towards the south of the Koyna Valley in Mahabaleshwar.
• it’s one among best waterfalls in Maharashtra and among prime place to go to on a Mahabaleshwar Trip.
• The waterfall flows from two different points and merges in to one stream. Positioned at the highest of the Venna Valley, the calm surroundings and therefore the exotic waterfalls render an ideal holiday spot.
• Visit to Mahabaleshwar isn’t complete without a view of astounding cascade of Chinaman’s Waterfall.
• within the past the gardens on the brink of the falls were taken care of by the Chinese. Thus the waterfall got its name as Chinaman’s Waterfall.
Also Check : Top 5 Places To Visit In Bhimashankar
□ Elphinstone Point :
• Elphinstone Point is situated 3.21 km before Arthur’s Seat and 11 km before Frere Hall.
• At now the cliffs are higher and rise from the Konkan, which is around 2500 ft below the extent of the Koyna valley.
• Tourists can enjoy the view of Koyna valley, plains and therefore the ravine, which lies between the Elphinstone point and Arthur point.
• The view of River Savitri, which originates from now is additionally beautiful.
□ Pratapgad Fort :
• Pratapgad is 21 kms from Mahabaleshwar on Mahad Road.
• It’s vital fort because the major fight with Afzal Khan happened here on 10’th November 1659.
• In 1656 Ch. Shivaji Maharaj built this fort. the peak of this fort is 3543 feet above water level .
• Also temple of Tulja Bhavani has been built here by Ch. Shivaji Maharaj.
□ Dhobi Waterfalls :
• Yet one more Mahabaleshwar’s jewels, Dhobi Waterfall may be a magnificent gift from nature.
• An ideal combination of adventure and tranquillity, the autumn is tucked between the luxurious green trails of Western Ghats. The water streams down into the Koyna river and forms mists and rainbows.
• it’s situated 3 km faraway from the most town of Mahabaleshwar.
□ Arthur’s Seat :
• Being the queen of all points in Mahabaleshwar, Arthur’s Seat is found at a height of 1340 m.
• It is surrounded by the deep Savitri gorge on one side and a lush, green plateau on the opposite .
• The purpose is known as after Arthur Mallet, who is claimed to possess sat here after losing his wife an children to a ferry accident on River Savitri. the foremost fascinating aspect perhaps is that the rock formations and setting around here
□ Wilson Point :
• It’s best to succeed in this place early within the morning to behold the sunrise which is nearly a magical experience for the onlooker.
• For a newbie, Wilson Point may be a vast plateau located at 4735 ft above water level and is that the highest point in Mahabaleshwar.
• It’s three towers closely located to every other, offering the right platform to the visitors wanting to watch a sunrise and sunset. a requirement visit for photographers as well; this one gives stupendous views of the whole region and isn’t to be missed.