Top 10 Forts To Visit In Maharashtra
Bhushan Dhule here…
I’m searching for to post on weekend travelling that time I thought about beautiful forts in MAHARASHTRA.
Here, in my post I had mention and inform about Top 10 Forts To Visit In Maharashtra.
Do read and tell me how it is
Top 10 Forts To Visit In Maharashtra :
1. Raigad Fort :
• The Raigad Fort is one among the main spots of tourism in Maharashtra. it’s a hill fort that’s based within the Raigad district of Maharashtra.
• Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj has made this fort the capital of his empire within the year 1674.
• The fort is situated at 2700ft above the ocean level. it’s located within the Shayadri range .
• there’s an extended stretch of nearly 1450 steps that results in the fort.
• within the current times for the convenience of the tourists who involves visits the place a rope way has been made that helps the tourists to succeed in the highest of the fort.
2. Pratapgad Fort :
• Pratapgad is 21 kms from Mahabaleshwar on Mahad Road.
• In 1656 Ch. Shivaji Maharaj built this fort. the height of this fort is 3543 feet above water level.
• Also temple of Tulja Bhavani has been built here by Ch. Shivaji Maharaj.
3. Sinhagad Fort (Kondhana Fort) :
• 30 kilometres to the southwest of Pune is Sinhagad Fort also referred to as Kondhana Fort. it’s at an altitude of 1312 metres.
• it had been one among the highest military outposts during the reign of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
• The fort has huge walls, bastions and steep slopes.
• There are only two gates to enter the fort, the Kalyan Darwaza and Pune Darwaza.
• At the highest , the air is refreshing and pollution-free. If you walk round the fort, you’ll catch wonderful views of the valleys below.
• From Sinhagad Fort, you’ll see Panshet, Khadakwasla and Varasgaon dams also as Torana Fort.
4. Murud Janjira Fort :
• The ocean fort at Murud-Janjira is one among the foremost unique and delightful forts in India.
• Situated in Raigad district of Maharashtra, it’s surrounded by the Arabian Sea on all sides.
• The fort is merely accessible by sail boats and ferry services from the coastal village of Murud.
• The erected structure has 22 massive bastions and high protective walls and ramparts with massive black granite walls that appear to be standing right the water.
• The most buildings inside the fort includes the royal palace. There are various other buildings like mosques, houses of noblemen, stables, granaries, along side underground passages.
• There are large water tanks that helped the inhabitants survive, without having to go away the fort for years at a stretch.
• India’s largest cannon Kalal bangdi is placed on this fort.
5. Panhala Fort :
• Panhala or Panhalgarh, about 19 kms north-west of Kolhapur, is possibly most vital most important fort of the Deccan.
• Roughly triangular in shape, Capitol Hill fort stands at a height of about 850 metres and features a circumference of roughly 7.25 kms.
• half its length is protected by a natural scarp reinforced by a parapet wall and therefore the remaining half is surrounded by a robust fence strengthened with bastions.
• The fort had three magnificent double walled gates, out of which two have survived. the Teen Darwaza to the west is an imposing and powerful structure.
• There are variety of ruined monuments within the fort. the foremost impressive among them are the three huge granaries.
• the most important among them, the Ganga Kothi, cover nearly 950 sq m space and 10.7 metres high.
6. Shivneri Fort :
• Shivneri Fort may be a 17th-century military fortification located near Junnar in Pune district in Maharashtra, India.
• It’s the birthplace of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj, the founding father of Maratha Empire.
• At the centre of the fort may be a water pond which is named ‘Badami Talav’. To the South of ‘Badami Talav’ are the statues Jijabai and a young Shivaji.
• within the fort there are two water springs, called Ganges and Yamuna, which have water throughout the year.
7. Sindhudurg Fort :
• Sindhudurg Fort located off the coast of Maharashtra. it’s an ancient fortress occupying an islet within the Arabian Sea .
• Sindhudurg fort in Maharashtra, is one among the varied forts built by the great king Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
• Underwater passages are still a matter of awe and thus the brilliant tactician and monarch in Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj had made it possible within the 16th century.
• The fort features a hidden passage within the temple which looks like a water reservoir.
• The hidden entrance! Unless you are a daily visitor, the doorway gate ‘Dilli Darwaja’ cannot be seen from anywhere.
8. Vijaydurg Fort :
• Vijaydurg, also referred to as the Victory Fort, is found on the western coast of India. This fort is counted amongst the strongest marine forts.
• The fort is cover a neighborhood of around 68796.55 sq m.
• It had been constructed on Capitol Hill near the mouth of the Vaghotan River. Surrounded by the ocean on three sides and a ditch on the fourth side.
• It’s believed that Chhatrapati Shivaji added huge towers and three rows of giant walls to the structure.
• The most entrance gate of the fort, located on the eastern side, results in the trail that takes one to the center wall and a hidden inner gateway.
• The strong triple walls feature around 27 bastions.
9. Torna Fort :
• Torna Fort was the primary fort that was captured by Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj which also during his teenage years.
• Like most Maratha forts, this fort is additionally located within the Western Ghats of India and at the present .
• It’s also identified because the fort located on the very best point in Pune district and a famous tourist attraction.
• Torna Fort is additionally known for its picturesque and thrilling surroundings. In fact, this region and therefore the mountain slopes are quite famous among trekking enthusiasts.
10. Daulatabad Fort :
• Located 15 km faraway from the most city of Aurangabad, Daulatabad Fort is an ancient fortification.
• Also referred to as Devgiri fort, perhaps the foremost enchanting qualities is its location, from the zenith of which you’ll capture a mesmerising view of the whole city.
Also Check : Top 10 Places To Visit Near Karjat |Maharashtra